Monday, September 10, 2007

Have I mentioned the officiating?

Why won't you make the proper call?

If there’s one thing I have a complaint about in my Roller Derby experience to date it simply has to be with the crew of officials. I‘ve spent hours reviewing the game films with a meticulous and careful eye. Now, I’m not one to be a whistle blower, but I can count at least twelve instances of “unnecessary ogling” and not once was yours truly, “The Diggler”, whistled for it and sent to the penalty box. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve been guilty of illegal “body checking”. Where are the officials with the calls?

Come on Mistress,
even my wife knows I need disciplined.

If there is one single track side individual deserving of being sent to the penalty box and disciplined most vigorously by the Mistress herself it is I, “The Diggler”. I hate having to call myself out like this, especially in such a public forum, but I’ve been naughty and I believe the officiating crew needs to take immediate and stern action. (Uh, I don’t believe any monetary fine is called for, but I certainly think some sort of disciplinary action would be appropriate.) If proper crowd control is not instituted and instituted quickly the entire sideline could fall into chaos. I don’t think any of us would like to see that happen.

Don’t make me beg...

(After all, it’s for the good of the game.)



1 comment:

Elly said...

Next season we'll be sure to watch you for Unneccesary Oggling. You can join the penatly mistress then! You'll probably have to stay the entire game. I'm sure you'll have racked up plenty of those penalties between now and then.

Thanks for the Official Mention!!!

~Trinity
GCRG Referee